Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Some Wonderful Finds

Just as we were getting in line at Goodwill Bargain Bin, I looked down and saw--the Avon Grandfather Clock!

Reginald, Mr. Constantinople, and Starla are thrilled that they will now know what time it is.
I knew we would find it sooner or later, but I thought it would be much, much later. And it only cost $1. I'm not sure if we're going to leave the little gold thingy on top.

We also found picnic food.


Fine wine, good cheese, grapes: what's not to like? I'll move this up to the atrium. Which reminds me, Auntie Berman spotted this lovely chair:

Goldie seems overcome by the thought of the new chair
And then, for the Glitter Room, we found Disco Balls!

Glorious Dolorious, Lola Gladiolus, and Chardonnay think the Disco Balls will add a certain je ne se quoi to their show.
The three hanging from the ceiling are Christmas ornaments, while the one on the floor is actually a pear. A Disco Pear. It will go right in the center.

1 comment:

  1. It was a long, long thrift day but well worth it. I was dubious about THREE disco balls but I think they really add atmosphere to the Glitter Room. And oh, how happifying to find the grandfather clock -- thank heaven for Avon and their decanters!

    ReplyDelete