Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cassie Gets a New Dress; Charlie Gets a New Body

Gazing at a pen with a huge silk (okay, it's not really silk) rose attached to it, I was inspired to make a rose petal dress and picked Cassie as the lucky recipient.


I realize the shade of red wasn't particularly good for her coloring and maybe the hat is a little too much, but she likes it anyway.

Here is how I did it:

These are leftover petals. The ones I used were bigger and fuller. I folded the middle pedal down and sewed along where the pin it.


I sewed three of these together and used stick-on velcro to fasten it. The top was made from a four-petal rose. I'm not sure how I did it, but velcro was involved.

Wow! That's a lot of red. Flora dutifully admires the dress.
"Sorry to interrupt your picnic, but I just had to show off my new dress."
Meanwhile, Chardonnay was concerned about the glue and felt on her back. I tried using acetone to remove it but couldn't get it all off. So I decided to do a body transplant, since I had two available bodies (but no extra arms or heads, unfortunately).

It looks like a case of leprosy
Body comparison
Charlie's new body is taller and thinner than the old. The color actually matches her head better, although her arms are lighter. Her lovely sparkly dress is from a blouse Mrs. Smith brought us.

Lola and Glorious are relieved that Charlies won't compete with their headdresses

In the continuing toilet saga, we found what is probably a Barbie toilet but it's incomplete and I'm not sure what kind of a base we can use. It will definitely be painted!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to be taller and thinner but I don't think I'm willing to go through a head transplant!
    There will be a Flower Ball in the Glitter Room so ALL the dollies need flower petal dresses. You'd better get busy (I'll give you some flowers). The guys can have little flowers in their buttonholes (if they have them).

    ReplyDelete